Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tooth Fairy Pouches

This idea was one I ripped off from my like-minded friend, Susie. We're mutual idea thieves, so I wasn't afraid to heist this clever tooth container.

I set out to make two: one for each of the girls. Then I decided to make one for each of my nephews, and before I knew it I was cutting up every inch of felt I could fit my patterns onto.

I roped Mom into my endeavour. She was less than thrilled at the start, but once she got started it became her own personal obsession.

I didn't realize until we began our project that Susie stitched hers with dental floss.... clever girl! The button was all me, and Mom was excited to have an excuse to use the Button Hole function on her sewing machine for the first time in 33 years. She did a fine job!
Tooth Fairy, now we're ready!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Lovely, lovely work ladies! I used embroidery floss and hand stitched, but I think you two have got a better plan when making thee in mass quantities! Where's your etsy shop??

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.