Tuesday, August 24, 2010

L-A-U-R-E-N.... ME!

Lauren got herself up this morning, eagerly anticipating her first day of preschool. I met up with her in the kitchen to see her standing at the refrigerator pointing to each or the letters in Abigail's name on her Colorado license plate magnet, she then moved onto her own, "L-A-U-R-E-N.... ME!"
She was eager to eat breakfast, as the three of us sat around the little table together; a sort of calm before the storm. I cringe a little when I announce it's time to get dressed because Lauren has grown quite particular about what she puts on. More often than not her panties don't work for her, and shorts only antagonize the problem, so regardless of the heat she prefers pants.
Breakfast ended and she couldn't get upstairs fast enough to get dressed. She doesn't like even the minimal assistance in her wardrobe selection, so I don't even bother. Her first day of school outfit is her classic standby: The Wenatchee Shirt, comfy black pants & her new Scotch Guarded Nike sneakers. She matched. I sighed.

{Lauren's First Day of School}



{Abby Gives our New Preschooler a Bear Hug}

Abby doesn't start school until next week, so she accompanies Lauren and I to school in the interim. Both girls were anxious to split from Mom when we arrived at their room, and when I saw Lauren she was having the time of her life. She loves her teacher, Miss Lisa. She loves the tire swing on the playground. She loved the meatballs they served for lunch. She loves being a preschooler. And I love it, too!



{A Tree & Some Little Trees}

1 comment:

Susie said...

Lolo says hello! Good job on your first day of pre-school, Lauren! You look like such a big girl today!

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.