Friday, July 16, 2010

To Do List

Today's To Do List:
  • Continue my mosquito killing spree. So far two have bitten the dust by my hands. I am a cold blooded killer and show no mercy to these pests. One is bothering me right now. She doesn't know who she's messing with!
  • Stir up cookies for Dad. He finished off the stockpile in the freezer last week, as evident by the empty bag hanging on the refrigerator. After he saved the day yesterday, I owe him and soon.
  • Visit Grandpa & Grandma. Thank goodness I don't need my car for that. I hear Grandpa's three-wheeler, so he's out roaming the grounds. How lucky I am to still have them around, still in the same place, still with the same, "Hello, Brooke" every time I walk into the house. Music to my ears.
  • Clean out my car. Anyone who knows me would be appalled at its condition. Dog hair & rubbage litter my interior. The exterior is hopeless until we are far from the gravel road. But the interior will be immaculate.
  • Take my car to the shop to assess the damages, after it is cleaned, of course. Can't wait to see what Uncle Mark has to say this time.
  • Drink water. Not just because it is uncomfortably hot (Thanks, Sven!) but because nothing tastes quite like ice-cold well water. Ahhh, the taste of home.
  • Convert my radio settings to my fave MN stations. And listen to Moon & Staci on KS95 this afternoon as I stroll Granny into town!
  • Dine at The Bad Wind Buffet for supper. Okay, so that isn't the actual name, rather the establishment's nickname after my family finishes there. LoL. Papa left our dining experience up to Abby, and she chose Chinese. Lauren's a bit unhappy with the selection (she gets sick from Chinese), but there is a bountiful selection that should suit her liking. It's worth fasting for. Unless, of course, Grandma invites us up for lunch!
  • Pick out my outfit for the Twins game tomorrow.
  • Try endlessly to get my girls to give me just one hug & kiss. Now that they have their Papa I'm chopped liver. But I'm not going to stop trying.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.