Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Barbe-confusion

Abby just can't seem to shake the notion that a BBQ isn't simply a BBQ. Before we left for the neighbors' Saturday night I explained to her that we were going to their house to have a BBQ. She inquired what would be served, so I told her the usual: hot dogs, hamburgers, and everyone will bring a dish to pass. "And BBQ chicken, right?" There was no BBQ chicken. I told her there would not be BBQ chicken, but in her head BBQ & chicken are like ketchup & mustard.... they just go together.

This morning she and Lauren are actively engaged in imaginative play, with a side of argument (par for the course with sisters). Abby informed me, "We're going to a BBQ Chicken." Oh, Abby.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.