Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thank You Notes

I read an article in Real Simple magazine recently on the topic of thank you notes. I've always been a firm believer in the power of saying thank you. I'm not one to pick up a phone, so somewhere between that and my love for something pretty I can put my hands on is most likely the reason I enjoy passing on my gratitude in the form of a little paper token.

{Quick Hand-Crafted Thank You Notes}

There are so many reasons to give thanks, not just for gifts, but acts & gestures of kindness are equally as important. As is thanking someone for inviting you in for a job interview, and especially if you are offered the job. I've never received a thank you note I didn't appreciate! A gesture of thanks speaks volumes about one's character, an imprint I'm trying to leave on Abby & Lauren.

The following is a link to the write-up by Amy Krous Rosenthal, author of one of our favorite children's books, Cookies: Bite-Size Life Lessons. It's a great reminder for adults, and perfectly sums up what I've been trying to impress upon our lovelies: www.spiffypress.com/blog/2010/03/six-great-reasons-to-write-thank-you-notes-from-real-simple/

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.