Sunday, September 12, 2010

Using Your Noodle

At home we make a point of reinforcing the skills the girls are learning in school. This evening while I was making supper, the girls worked on math concepts. Abby was caught up in cleaning up her mess, so Tiny got a head start.

The first task was to put 20 noodles in a bowl. It took several tries to get exactly 20, but finally she got it. Next she moved on to sorting. With a variety of five different noodles in her bowl, she carefully categorized them. And in true Lauren fashion each group of noodles came alive into it's own special character....

Starting with the group in front of her and moving clock-wise: Elbow Noodles--a crab, Rigatoni--a noodle thing, Farfalle--a fairy, Rotelle--a Christmas tree, cut Spaghetti--a Snort (a large machine from the book Are You My Mother?)



{Lauren & Her Noodles}

Love that noodle!

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.