Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday Banner

Sometime this Spring I decided I was going to scrap the ghetto birthday banner I grabbed on a whim at the commissary before Abby turned one and replace it with a much chicer, personalized model.

I hunted for paper in Wenatchee, then spent some of my down in Ohio tracing an Olive Garden coaster & cutting out the pieces. After that I took it to Minnesota where I did all of the Mod Podging (that's a fancy phrase for super-strong glue). Then it was back to Ohio where I printed pictures of the girls on their birthdays to use as end caps, and tied all of the circles together with ribbon. This banner is as well-traveled as the girls are, and finally, it is ready and waiting for their birthdays!



{Celebrating Abby on One Side}

{And Lauren on the Other}

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.