Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thank You Thursday

1. I'm so thankful for my kid with the big heart. Yesterday Lauren overheard a conversation I was having with her teacher about how she decided to work this summer to help replenish the savings they had to dip into when her husband lost his job last fall.  Later that afternoon she brought me a dime and said, "I am going to give this to Miss Lisa. It's for Tim."  This mama's heart swelled with pride.

2. I'm thankful for the kind and caring people I've surrounded myself with here in Ohio.  I pick on these nutty Buckeye lovers, but the truth is, they're great people to the core.

3. Thank you, Abby, for giving me a report of Daddy's behavior last night while I was at book club.  Give the little lady a job in your absence and she's happy as a clam to see you go.  Totally forgot that I'd given it to her until she brought the report to me first thing in the morning; bless her heart.

4. I'm thankful for the beautiful day we have today. Sunshine, not too hot.... great day for a school picnic!

5. I'm thankful for the humor that oozes out of our toddlers.  I'm pretty sure 99.9% of it is not intended to generate a laugh, but boy do they know how to make two grown women giggle.  Thanks little buddies, I'm going to miss you over the summer!

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.