Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Random Fact No. One: Koala means no drink.

2. Random Fact No. Two: the silhouette on major league baseball's emblem is Harmon Killebrew. The things you learn about people when they pass away.

3. I was beginning to question taking the girls to the park tonight when they hooked up with a boy Abby knew from school named Salvador. She knew him because he had to come to her classroom one day due to poor behavior. Great. Then I saw the girls forging their ages. Abby was seven, and while I'm not 100%, I'm guessing Lauren was posing as six. Thankfully, a little girl dropped her beloved bear named Daisy. Without hesitation, Abby picked up Daisy, wiped her off with care, then handed her back to her owner.  I literally felt my heart smile.

4. Abby's yearbook.  Probably one of my best investments.  She could look at that thing for hours.

5. Those two little girls in the neighborhood tormenting the much larger boy for still having training wheels... they're mine.  Something tells me their tag-teaming gangster ways will come back to bite them in the bottom someday.

6. Five states, five different homes.  Same car.  Saying good-bye tomorrow isn't going to be easy. I'm going to miss you, Granny.

7. Yesterday a three-year-old ninja proposed to me at school, ring and all.  Today another little boy told me he loved me.  Who says toddlers aren't the best?!

8. I might be the only person left on the planet who cannot sing a single note to Justin Beaver.  Oh, that isn't a typo.  That's exactly how Abby pronounces it.  I could look him up on YouTube, but I think I'll pass.  Let's just see how long I can remain oblivious.

9. Everyday Lauren gets in the tub and serves me up a glass of 1919 Root Beer.  It won't be long and I'll be able to belly up to the bar at home and get one for myself.  My mouth is watering at the thought of it!

10. I'm going out on a limb here and saying Herman Cain.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.