Saturday, May 21, 2011

Meet Me at the Gym

Today: Abby & Lauren's first gymnastics meet.  A chance for them to get acquainted with life in competitive gymnastics.  It was also a chance for the parents to see how far the girls have come over the course of the year.  The girls enjoyed getting dressed up in their new team leotards, showing off their skills, and having fun with their friends from the gym.  We enjoyed watching their innocence.... Lauren putting both hands on her heart during the National Anthem, Abby giving the judge a thumbs up before her first event.  My heart swelled with pride as I watched them.  Perhaps the best part in it all is that we weren't looking for them to be perfect, just to be.













{Abby & Lauren with their Coach Amanda}



{Celebrating with Dairy Queen}

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.