Wednesday, May 11, 2011

bOOks

I recently received a list of books from our local high school that they are in need of.  Due to limited funds and aging books, the books need replacing on a dwindling budget.  Because I'm a believer in education AND repurposing, I am making it my mission to collect as many of these as I can.

I signed up for coupons with Half Priced Books {http://www.hpb.com/} and have the list printed off where I keep it in my car for easy access.  My goal is to buy a book from this list each time I make another book purchase and acquire a sufficient collection to donate to the school.

If any of you have any of these books in your collection that you are looking to get rid of, or if you would like to make a donation yourself, I will be touring the country this summer {on what is known as my summer vacation}and would gladly take any of these pieces of literature off your hands and bring them back to Fairborn where the students here can put them to good use.

The List

A Raisin in the Sun
Night
Romeo and Juliet
To Kill a Mocking Bird
They Cage the Animals at Night
Of Mice and Men
Midsummer’s Night Dream
Tears of the Tiger
Great Expectation
Hamilton’s Mythology
On a Pale Horse
Much Ado about Nothing
Lord of the Flies
Taming of the Shrew
Brave New World
Ender’s Game
Fellowship of the Ring
Illustrated Man
1984
Huckleberry Finn
The Crucible
Grapes of Wrath
Uncle Tom’s Cabin
The Scarlet Letter
My Antonia
The Great Gatsby
Heart of Darkness
Oedipus the King
Cyrano de Bergerac
Hamlet
Skin of Our Teeth
The Little Prince
Grendel
Gulliver’s Travels
Elephant Man
Wuthering Heights
Pride and Prejudice
Merchant of Venice

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.