Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day.... Like Riding a Bike

Mother's Day 2011 was all that it should be....
  • Geoff was the first one out of bed, then headed off to the store for breakfast must haves. Easy for me!
  • Lauren climbed into bed with me, providing endless love, snuggles & kisses. I can never get enough of these!
  • My Mother's Day gifts included a bounty of cards, drawings, a picture frame, chocolate-covered strawberries & flowers. Yumm!




  • Enjoyed homemade waffles.  Thanks, Daddy!
  • I made a new friend.... Alyssa Klein.  A childhood friend of Geoff's, we're excited to have another Minnesotan living here in Ohio!  Thanks for spending the weekend with us, Alyssa!


  • We visited the Air Force Museum.


  • Went out for dinner at my favorite chicken wing joint.  Fricker's!
  • Took a nap on the couch with my girls. Enjoying this while it lasts!
  • Took a walk with the dog. Thank you, Lizzie, for pooping in the vacant field so I didn't have to pick it up!
  • Played outside. No rain!
  • And....


Took off Abby's training wheels!  Yippee!


{Waiting With the Wrench}

  • Took off Lauren's training wheels....


But this is about as far as she got. Next time!

It was the BEST Mother's Day a girl could ask for.  No work.  All play.  Just being a mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

So cute, Brooke! What a great blog and wonderful photos and quotes of the girls! ;-)

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.