Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thank You Thursday

1. I'm thankful Abby enjoyed her birthday. She woke up this morning to the house decorated with streamers, balloons, and her stuffed animal friends donning party hats. She ate it up! I ate that up!!

2. I'm thankful my daughter has such a wonderful grandma.  Gail, you flew here and made this a birthday to remember.  Thank you for all you do for her; for us!!!

3. I'm thankful it snowed today.  It looked just like the gray afternoon Geoff and I left Hanscom Air Force Base six years ago to meet our first baby.  Snow on Abby's birthday.... perfect!

4. I'm thankful for my boss for allowing me to leave school early today to be at Abby's school for Grandma's experiment.  And thank you, Lisa, for covering for me so I could go.

5. The best part of my day was capping it off as I do every year on Abby's birthday.... reading On the Day You Were Born and paging through her baby pictures in her scrapbook.  She loves to hear the stories and I love to tell them.  I love my girl!

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.