Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ten Random Facts

1. You take in one tenth of a calorie when you lick a stamp.


2. "Love Rollarcoaster" is sung by The Ohio Players.... I just learned this, which means there is indeed a musical act that shares the name of each of the place the military has taken us.  Who knew?!


3. Reinhold Niebuhr is the author of the Serenity Prayer.


4. Stainless steel is naturally antibacterial.


5. The Eagles were formed to back up Linda Ronstadt, but never preformed for her together in studio or in concert.


6. Fireflies are a type of beetle.


7. Poinsettias originate in Mexico and do not fare will in cold temperatures.


8. Donder, one of Santa's reindeer, is commonly misspelled and mispronounced.


9. The Mayflower traveled at 2 mph on its 66 day voyage.


10. If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.