Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snow Daze

I was really looking forward to a simple post.  A quick little note, a couple of pictures, then off to enjoy a stress-free Saturday night.  Think again, mother of the naughties.

It started out as a typical Saturday.  Brooke gets up before the sun, gets her energy from her morning coffee and American Top 40--The 80s, and I'm busy cleaning the house.  Despite the fact that Abby refused to go shopping with Geoff, I still made good time on my house work, took a shower, then settled in for a snack, a cup of hot chocolate and Hi Ho! Cherry-O with the girls. It had been snowing all day; it was the kind of day I love to love.... snow falling, a clean house and time with my lovelies.  I should have known it was going to the crapper when Tiny started cheating and our game came to a grinding halt.



{Finally Enough to Cover the Ground}



{Games, Snow and Hot Chocolate with the Lovelies}

I got a few other things done while the girls relaxed this afternoon, and the chili we had for supper was great.  Then I went upstairs upon finishing the clean-up from supper.  Staring me in the face was a floor full of cracker crumbs.  Clearly my children had forgotten the rule: No Food Upstairs.  Then another violation: No one was willing to respond to interrogation.

Smoke was coming out of my ears.  I'm pretty sure they thought I was going to let it go.  For the most part I stayed calm, cleaned it up as they sat observing in anguish.  They cleaned up their toys on demand, then got their teeth brushed and jammies on in silence.  They were horrified to learn their night had ended an hour early; it was bed time.

I may regret that decision in the morning when they are awake at six o'clock, but for tonight I am going to enjoy the peace.... a house free of their wrath.  I'm going to bust open a fresh bottle of wine and enjoy the rest of my snow day.

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.