Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ten on Wednesday

I missed the boat on this one last night.  So here I am mixing it up, ten random thoughts on Wednesday.

1. I think I've finally solved the mystery of why my girls vomit every time they have any significant quantity of any cream-of-something soup.... monosodium glutamate (MSG).  I can thank Mrs. Hart for that clever insight. Now, the trick is finding some without it. The hunt is on.

2. Abby loves to sing.  Is she a good singer?  Jury's out.  But she is to me.

3. When we made the multi day drive from Florida to Minnesota in '07 our saving grace was Raffi.  We haven't listened to the CD since that summer, but the girls have now fallen in love with it again. {smile}

4. My goal is to finish my Christmas cards today. Good luck to me!

5. I was pooped on multiple times by a pack of migrating birds while cleaning out my car on Sunday.  Later I was informed this is good luck.  If that is the case, I'm about to be blessed!

6. I could have kicked myself when I finished making my scones Monday morning, realizing I added 1 Tbsp. of baking soda instead of 1Tbsp. of baking powder. This is not the first time this has happened.  What makes matters worse is I even set out the baking powder and still made the mistake. The good news is they burnt in the oven anyways while I was out at the bus stop with Abby.  It was good for a laugh.  And I can proudly announce they turned out just fine on day two.

7. Abby is finally sleeping with sheets on her bed. I've developed a terrible paranoia of middle-of-the-night vomiting, and rightfully so, it went on in our house for a month. So far she is on night three of clean sheets! {knock on wood}

8. What possessed me, I don't know, but I set the timer for five minutes this morning when Lauren was throwing her fit.  When it went off, she needed to be done or she lost all TV privileges for the rest of the day.  Needless-to-say she shut up when that bell rang. {yay for us all}

9. All of my clocks, with the exception of one, have needed their batteries changed within the last month. {hmmmmm}

10. Fingers crossed this holiday season is less stressful than the last. {merry christmas}

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.