Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Thank God the person at the door when Abby answered it naked was Rachel.  The look on her face said it all.  Poor girl.  I'm sure she couldn't wait to come inside and see what all the excitement was about.

2. If Geoff wants to successfully conquer the evening bath and bedtime routine he has to be one step of maturity above the children.  Farting, then laughing about it isn't helping, dear husband.

3. I hate talking on the phone. That's part of the reason I don't call anyone.  The other: sometimes I just don't want to know.

4. I'm a lot like my mom, for better or worse.  But as I get older I get a lot more like my dad.  He's a great guy, I won't fight it.

5. If I had to pick a favorite brother-in-law, I couldn't.  They're both fun in their own way.  Though I have to say I think Kevin appreciates me more.  Honestly, they both think I'm weird.  They're the pot, I'm the kettle.  Black, black, black.

6. It bugs the poop out of me that people cannot use your/you're and their/there/they're properly. Let's add it's and its to the list, too.  Might as well throw in then and than.  Ughhh.  Don't even go there with the y'all infraction.

7. Today one of the preschool teachers said, "wiener" in an adult conversation. I laughed like one of the kids.  You just don't expect to hear that word out of some people.

8. This afternoon when Abby got off the bus she grabbed my hand and walked me home.  She told me she was sad at school because she just wanted to be with me.  I'm sure she wasn't hanging her head all day, but what a sweet thing to say.  She touches my heart.

9. Lauren defies logic.  The kid is one-of-a-kind.  She's either sweet as pie or sour grapes.  Either way, she knows how to get to me.

10. Lauren's struggle with language from time to time always cracks us up. The other day she referred to our neighbor, Amar, as Cigar.  Let's just hope she doesn't smoke him!

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.