Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I love how they ask you so politely if they can help you get anything from the bottom of your cart in the check-out lane at Kroger. Oh, yes.  Please do.  Because getting that toilet paper myself would be a medical nightmare.  Come on.  Just because I wear a sweatshirt and my child's clothes don't seem to ever match doesn't mean I've got sticky fingers for the Cottonelle.

2. The vomiting, the diarrhea, the coughs, sneezes and buffet of runny noses at school makes me want to spray myself down with a decontaminate.  Oh please let this current round of flu pass me by.

3. Whomever designed the city sewer system obviously did not coordinate with the street engineers.  I hate misplaced man holes that leave you bumping down the road.  Dayton-Xenia Road, you could use a little help.... but Old Shakopee Road in Bloomington is the worst!  Yes, worse than the pot holes in parts of Duluth.

4. The Wisconsin senators are cowards. Period. You were elected to a job and now you're fleeing the state in protest.... are you children?  Ughhh.  It's a disgrace.

5. Fun night at the library with Abby and her class.  I'm glad we went!

6. Frisch's Big Boy. It's hard to believe the establishment is still open for business.  Needless-to-say I won't be going back for future dining adventures.

7. Abby is fairly certain that her ability to count to one hundred is a solid step into the field of logistics, a term she learned from a commercial.  Type and click, that's how you do math on the computer.

8. My new guilty pleasure snack: hummus and Triscuts.  Even the girls like the cheese on the fancy crackers.  Why destroy their fun?!

9. Geoff and Abby have been quite the pair lately, spending an abundance of time together.  It's fun to hear the things she picks his brain about.

10. With a delicate layer of crunchy snow currently blanketing our yard, it's hard to believe we were sitting outside enjoying a cold treat at the custard stand on Friday.  It is February, right?!

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.