Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Basket Case

I have everyone fooled.  Those who know me seem to think I am on top of everything and exceptionally organized.  The truth is that I like to be.  I try to be.  But sometimes I fall victim to my heritage.

The longer I'm living away from home the more I learn about myself and those with whom I share the commonalities of my birthplace.  I used to think it was just me.

Case in Point: At a recent gathering of friends (mostly Air Force wives from all over the country), one of the woman was joking about how her husband, from Wisconsin, will collect an overwhelming stack of newspapers claiming he will get to it.  Hah!  That's me!!!  The more I thought about it, the more I realized how many of my family members and fellow countrymen do the exact same thing.  Frankly, I find it annoying, but I honestly cannot help it.

In truth, most of the stacks can go without making any real impact if they are never sifted through, but there is one stack that absolutely cannot.... those pesky school papers.  It was time to make sense of the madness.

So I did what comes natural to the teacher in me and I got each of my lovelies a basket and prettied it up with a personalized clip.  Voilà!  The girls know that when they get home from school all of their papers go right in the basket.  I'm not saying it doesn't pile up from time to time, but at least it's organized.



Wire Baskets: Office Depot

Apples: Michael's

The apples came already painted.  I arranged stickers to spell out their names, then Mod Podged over it so the stickers would not come off.  Then I used the Mod Podge to adhere a clothes pin to the back of each apple, then clip it to the basket.

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.