Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thank You Thursday

1. I'm thankful Lauren has such a big heart.  Tonight she earned a sticker at gymnastics for conquering a maneuver she's struggled with for weeks.  She knew right away what she was going to do with that sticker that says 'Perfect'.  "I'm giving it to Sean," one of the boys who shares her affection at preschool.  Okay, so I wish she'd tone down the boy craziness.  But you gotta love her heart!


2. My mom was right. People who do wrong by others do get what is coming to them.  It may take years, but it always comes back to bite you where it hurts.  I hope this is not a lesson lost on the girls.  It's my motivation to raise them right.  Thanks, Mom, for the wisdom.

3. Thanks to my mother-in-law for the fun magazine subscription that fills me with so many new clever ideas it makes my head spin!

4. I'm thankful for preschool jokes. Today I told a little boy to stick it. He knew what I meant: stick your back to the wall. You can translate anything said at a preschool into something naughty.... sometimes it's the laughter that keeps you afloat when you're swimming in body fluids.

5. I'm thankful another week of gymnastics is over.  I used to look forward to gymnastics: watching the girls learn & enjoy themselves, and digging into a good book. Now I cringe at sitting amongst the catty moms.  Can't stand it!  I've got to find a solution to my suffering.  I've got two weeks to mull it over.  Thanks, Geoff, for taking over next week!

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.