Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Wow, talk about a heart-stopper. I just saw the head stone of a little girl who was born a few weeks after Abby, and died just a few months later.  I think about all of that life Abby has had in that time that this little lady never got a chance to enjoy. Talk about perspective.

2. Abby is quite focused on Utah these days.  I have no idea why. Her teacher has no idea why.  Other girls at school like unicorns and have fairy friends; Abby is bummed about Utah not getting one of the Space Shuttles.  Just for the record, she's upset Ohio and Minnesota were also passed up.

3. Big step.  I bought Abby's summer slumber attire here in Ohio.  I was forced to, really.  No spring break trip home means I had to suck it up and pay the tax on clothes.  The next thing you know I'll be sporting an Ohio driver's license.  God help me.

4. I have never been closer to nominating myself for Worst Mother of the Year Award, 2011.  Lauren's arms got sunburned playing outside on Sunday {Hello! It's April. Why would I have put sunscreen on her?!}  Abby's been collecting unthinkable punishments for unthinkable behavior {It has to be her fault for pushing me to it, right?!}  Abby broke out into a rash in my attempt at a home remedy.  Nothing like an e-mail from her teacher commenting on her scratching up a storm {How was I to know Origins was toxic to Abby?!}  Oh, and then there was Lauren's morning tantrum.  She was fit to be tied that I would not be at school all day today because I had training {For Pete's sake, can a mom have a job?!}

5. I opted to take the girls to Dairy Queen {I'm trying to score some points here!} instead of taking them to Cold Stone for an afternoon treat.  I went out of my way a bit to do so, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one.  Confession Alert: I'm really not trying to score points, I just wanted an ice cream cone!

6. I saw a sign at Dairy Queen today: "Stressed Spelled Backwards is Desserts."  Need I say more?

7. As if I really need yet another blog to follow: http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/.  Thanks, Reanna, for passing it my way.

8. UMD won their first national men's hockey title. Woohoo! I can't believe I waited until no. eight to throw that one in.

9. Someone has their eye on my Granny.  Not that little fun-loving woman who bakes cookies; my car.  That means I'm in the market for wheels.  Woohoo!  That's two woohoos in one post.... I think I've reached my limit.

10. Why do I like my husband's strangest friends?  It's always the ones that drive most people crazy that I can't get enough of.  It is kind of like an interactive play where you can actually talk to the performers.  These guys are so odd in so many ways, but they don't care.  I love 'em.

BoNuS!
I had to add this one.  Lauren's illustration this afternoon at school.  I told her I loved her flower.  She told me it was her friends on the swing.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.