Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Abby is growing up.  For the first time yesterday she told me she didn't want to be naked.  She was the queen of naked.  Modesty is setting in.  {sigh}

2. "Show me your friends & I'll show you your future." Wow. Profound. And true.

3. The question isn't what shirt Lauren will be celebrating her fifth birthday in tomorrow, but what she will wear with it.

4. After I referred to Abby as Goldilocks, she asked me who she was.  My bad-mom-meter is hitting a high mark today.  How is it I haven't taught this one to my children?!

5. As we were getting out of the car at preschool this morning, Lauren announced just a bit too loud, "Hey, that's the lady from the quiet room!"  I'm pretty sure the church secretary could hear her. {embarrassing}

6. This afternoon when Lauren spread her blanket out on the floor and began to cry my heart broke for her.  And then she spoke, "I sneezed on my buddy and got snot on him.  Now he's ruined."  I didn't know whether to laugh or hug her.  I was busy making supper so I opted for the practical: "Just wipe him off."

7. Geoff has saved the bike assembly for tonight.  I'm trying to stay as far away from him as I can.  I know he will want my help.  Frankly, I just want him to take get it done so I don't have to be bothered.  {fingers crossed}

8. Never before has an onion made me cry like the one I cut tonight.  The great irony is that it is for Lauren's requested tomato soup tomorrow & she hates onions.

9. I wonder how many people at Kroger thought the couple who hauled their child around on top of the multiple cases of Mountain Dew at the bottom of their cart this evening after the 8 o'clock hour was odd, sad, and slightly disturbing.  Then again, considering the venue, I may have been the only one.


10. UMD will be playing for the men's college hockey championship this weekend.  I'm torn between wishing I was in St. Paul, and holding my breath that they don't win. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see my team win the Frozen Four, BUT that will mean burning my favorite 1995 Minnesota Hockey sweatshirt like I promised Geoff.  So what if it looks like it's been chewed on by a wood chipper?!

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.