Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tell Your Peeps

This afternoon the girls and I put together a tasty treat to share with our friends at school.  In honor of spring and baby birds everywhere....



TO MAKE NESTING PEEPS:
  • 1 pkg. (1 ½ lb.) chocolate almond bark*
  • 1 bag pretzel sticks**
  • Whoppers Robin Eggs (3 per nest, just over 1 bag)
  • 60 chick Peeps
1. Melt almond bark according to package directions.
2. Coat pretzels in chocolate, drop into small bunches on aluminum foil.
3. Working quickly, nest on Peep and three robin eggs on each chocolate-covered pretzel cluster.
4. Allow to set, then seal in air-tight containers.

Yields 60 nesting Peeps.

*Alternatively you can melt chocolate chips, or any flavored chips: peanut butter, butterscotch, etc.

**Chow Mien noodles can be used instead of pretzels.

You could also add coconut flakes to give the nests a little extra pizazz!

Peeps actually has a website with Peeps recipes: http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/recipes/?type=recipe&tpid=9d9a48bf-9d21-4a7c-ba4b-85ffb885ba51.  The nesting peeps are surprisingly not featured, but they do have an option to submit your ideas.... get the ideas flowing, peeps!

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.