TO MAKE NESTING PEEPS:
- 1 pkg. (1 ½ lb.) chocolate almond bark*
- 1 bag pretzel sticks**
- Whoppers Robin Eggs (3 per nest, just over 1 bag)
- 60 chick Peeps
1. Melt almond bark according to package directions.
2. Coat pretzels in chocolate, drop into small bunches on aluminum foil.
3. Working quickly, nest on Peep and three robin eggs on each chocolate-covered pretzel cluster.
4. Allow to set, then seal in air-tight containers.
Yields 60 nesting Peeps.
*Alternatively you can melt chocolate chips, or any flavored chips: peanut butter, butterscotch, etc.
**Chow Mien noodles can be used instead of pretzels.
You could also add coconut flakes to give the nests a little extra pizazz!
Peeps actually has a website with Peeps recipes: http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/recipes/?type=recipe&tpid=9d9a48bf-9d21-4a7c-ba4b-85ffb885ba51. The nesting peeps are surprisingly not featured, but they do have an option to submit your ideas.... get the ideas flowing, peeps!