Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Oil. I believe in its power.

2. I think a person's favorite Sesame Street character says a lot about them. Anyone with depth will go old school. Choosing Elmo is purely a cop out.

3. I love the innocence of a child's index finger pointing to items as they count aloud.

4. Few things make me feel more secure than watching snow fall.

5. Either people in Ohio have an aversion to Canadian Bacon or they just don't sell that kind of Party Pizza in these parts. Sometimes I think it is too bad, but honestly, I don't have the room in my freezer, or my pants.

6. Last Friday night on our way home from a party, the four occupants of our minivan got lost. Of course, in the middle of Nowhere, Ohio, I didn't know where we were; the other three had no excuse--they're locals. The irony: we ended up on Lost Road. I think it was a sign.

7. This is my I-Should-Be-in-San Diego week. The girls and I have plenty of fun planned, I'm really not upset. If we still lived in Florida, I would be.

8. How is it that someone's in-home washing machine can get vomit out of a pillow and Stanley Steamer still leaves chunks behind?

9. I am still annoyed about my trip to Kroger today. It should have been ten minutes, tops. Just grabbing a few things the commissary neglected to have in stock on yesterday's visit. Instead Lauren had to pee and the woman's stall was occupied by a woman who took much longer than her allotted twenty minutes. Annoyed, we finally opted to use the men's. Just shy of kicking the scooter parked to block off the ladies room, I let it be known I wasn't happy. I don't know who I'm more angry with: myself for not insisting Lauren take care of business before leaving the house, Lauren for not taking care of her business at home, or the poor woman who could hardly walk and undoubtedly didn't think anyone else would need to use the restroom. No, probably me for still being annoyed about it.

10. I still gain pleasure from angering my sister, even from 735 miles away. While I feel bad sometimes, I think it's actually the grin on my face that I enjoy the most. It makes me feel like a kid again. Sorry, Aubrey. Really. I'm sorry.

P.S. In case you were wondering, my favorite is Grover.

2 comments:

Susie said...

vomit chunks? EEW- TMI!

I don't know who my favorite Sesame Street character is- my initial thought was Big Bird, because he's so yellow- isn't yellow a friendly color? But then I thought, what does that say about me if I go with the one that talks kind of slow? Hmm.

Who is your favorite character?

Mindi said...

I am laughing so hard!! I personally like your one about Stanely Steamer. I am sorry you couldn't make it to CA with your husband but it will be a blast at home. Well Kroger, well it is Kroger :-) Have a great day!!

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.