Monday, May 17, 2010

Making Babies

Upon tucking the girls into bed the other night I was asked, "Mommy, how did I get out of your body?"

Believing honesty is the best approach I looked Abby in the eyes as I stood next to her bed, spread my legs shoulder-width apart and pointed straight up at my crotch, "You came out through there. Good night!"

I should have known the subject would resurface. This morning Abby inquired, "Mommy, how do you make babies?"

Hmmmmmm. Should I give her the long, detailed version or the abbreviated one? Opting for the explanation she could handle, I replied, "You make babies with a lot of love."

She nodded her head, then replied, "And blood."

"I guess you could say that...."

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.