Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sleeping with the Enemy

Tonight the girls and I settled in to the family room with our supper in hand and Scooby-Doo on TV. Eating supper in front of the TV isn't something we often do, but with Daddy at work we decided to mix things up this evening. We had time to take in one episode before Funniest Home Videos started--"Scooby-Doo and a Mummy, Too!" When it was over we tuned in to ABC and for about half an hour we enjoyed show number two of the night.

That's when the questions started flowing out of Lauren about the emmy. I wasn't sure what she was talking about at first, and then like unraveling a mystery it all fit together.... the mummy=the enemy. It was one question after another, sometimes pausing to gather her thoughts. Why was the enemy wearing tape? Why was he chasing them? Why did he want the coin?

A few minutes into the inquiry she left our comfy couch and said, "I'll be right back. I have an enemy in my notebook." Sure enough she returned with a Scooby-Doo coloring book depicting scenes from the show we just watched.

Again the questions flowed. Finally, I suggested she could be a mummy for Halloween this year. "I don't want to be that. You be that," she insisted.

"Should I chase you?" I asked.

"You can chase Abby."

Tonight she's sleeping with her Scooby-Doo book. I just hope she doesn't have nightmares sleeping with the enemy.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.