Monday, April 26, 2010

Fright Night

Lauren's been awake for three hours now and has just worked up the courage to look at her Scooby-Doo coloring book. And here we go again with questions concerning "the enemy". I try not to laugh every time she says it. She never calls him the bad guy, but often refers to him also as the creepy man. Where does she get this stuff?!

With that, you can about guess how last night went. It was not good. Shortly after I climbed into bed her terrors began. Geoff, still doing work in his office, brought her in bed to snuggle with me which seemed to do the trick. Before going to bed himself he carted her purring little body, along with her trusty Rocket Blanket, into her own bed and for a couple of hours she slept fairly sound. But once again the crying started in. This time I snuggled up with her in her bed and soothed her back to sleep. Fortunately, her roommate is a heavy sleeper.

This morning she woke up crabby as ever. I'm sure some of that is attributed to an empty belly (we had a very light supper last night), but the bulk of it no doubt came from lack of a good night's sleep. She refused to be in her room alone this morning to get dressed, and she refuses to be downstairs alone now.

So here I am. I find myself learning from yet another mistake: no scary cartoons for Lauren before bedtime! She's watched Scooby-Doo on several occasions before and we've never had an issue. Either this time the concept finally sunk in or it was just bad timing; if I had to guess I'd say it was a little of both.

Coincidentally, our TV started randomly changing settings yesterday, and today it is still doing it. Is our house haunted? It's suspect.... I'm certainly not questioning it in front of Lauren!

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.