Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I've met a lot of people, but never met an umpire for professional baseball.  I've also never met an air marshal.  Maybe neither are allowed to discuss their professions with lay people.  Maybe I just need to get out more.

2. Do me a favor, don't buy the girls balloons.  Balloons that are already inflated are mildly acceptable.  The others just create a circus of latex chaos.

3. If I had three wishes one of them would be for snow.

4. Minnesota mosquitoes are usually witty & excellent swatting evaders.  Not this year.  It seems the heat is even slowing these guys down.

5. The two years I spent isolated & alone with the girls in our house in Florida I wondered if we were ever going to be out in the real world enjoying ourselves.  This summer we're making up for lost time.

6. I like roasted hot dogs on the fire.

7. I had one beer last night at the Twins game. I'm not usually a fan of consuming a malted beverage in such sweltering conditions, but it really helped to dull the pain.  This morning I needed two Tylenol to combat the effects of last night's drinking spree.  I'm getting so old!

8. Why is it that I can only find Canadian Bacon Party Pizzas in Minnesota?  And why is it that they are about a third of their original size?!

9. I really thought Abby had the crossword puzzle thing down.  To each her own, I guess.  Any guesses on which word Abby found?



10. People thought we were strange when we dipped bacon in chocolate.  I have to admit, I never would have thought of it myself, but it was oddly delicious.  Yesterday I saw a recipe for a peanut butter cookie with chocolate & bacon.  I'm not sure I'd be so tempted to try it if they weren't raving about it on Twin Cities Live: {http://twincitieslive.com/article/stories/s2203500.shtml?cat=10931}.  Good luck with your entry at the Minnesota State Fair this year, Alice!

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.