Wednesday, July 20, 2011

{Between the Pages: "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt"}

The novel that pulls at your heart strings.  Beth Hoffman's Saving CeeCee Honeycutt tells the tale of a preteen whose life is riddled with the torture of a mentally ill mother and an absent father.  When it seems her world has fallen apart around her, she is saved by the love of women far away from her modest Midwest home.


Beth Hoffman has penned a beautifully uplifting story of hope in Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.  A delightful summer read, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt is the perfectly constructed tale of a little girl in the 1960s who is all but lost in the world by the mistakes of her parents.  But by the grace of a great-aunt in Georgia, CeeCee leaves the only home she has even known in Ohio.  In doing show she has opened a door of opportunity, stepping into the lives of women who show CeeCee her true potential, her boundaries, and an endless bounty of love.

I enjoyed every page of this novel.  It was easy to get into, easy to follow, eloquently written, and left me with the wonderment of the adventures that lie ahead for this seemingly lost young lady.

I recommend this story to anyone who enjoys a story of hope, the power of love and friendship, or a light-hearted, inspiring read.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.