Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Magnet Boards

I've had the idea to make these for awhile.  Thanks Craft Warehouse {http://www.craftwarehouse.com/} in Wenatchee for having the goods!


You Need:
  • A sheet of galvanized sheet metal
  • Paper*
  • Ribbon
  • Embelishments
  • Mod Podge
  • A Paint Brush
  • A Hold Punch 
  • Magnets
It's really as simple as fitting your paper to the sheet metal, Mod Podging the paper & putting it in place.  Once that dries paint a layer of Mod Podge over the top to seal.

I put my embellishments on the paper before adhering the paper to the metal, that way I did not have to drill a hole through the metal.

If your sheet metal does not come with premade holes, drill holes at the top to string the ribbon through that are the size of a traditional hole punch.  After the paper is adhered to the metal, a simple punch through the paper will allow the ribbon to slide through with ease.


*An alternative to gluing paper would be painting the surface.  You can antique the edges to add character by using steel wool or sand paper.  Finish by sealing with Mod Podge.




 

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.