Monday, November 23, 2009

Something to be Thankful For

Today Lauren and I picked Abby up from preschool and she came running down the hall declaring, "London was nice to me today!" Pleased, but slightly embarrassed, I quickly changed her train of thought. She could hardly contain her excitement, and continued to tell me about London on the way to the car, "I was a good example to her. I didn't punch her. I picked a leaf off her jacket and she was nice to me. Both London and Kyla were nice to me today."

I'm thankful Abby hears what we are telling her and continues to set a good example. I'm also thankful these girls were nice to Abby. But let's be honest, this is likely not the end of London & Kyla's blatant bullying. While I would like Abby to get along with these girls, I do not want her to pick up the bad habits these girls have previously displayed. So for Abby gaining a new friend, I am thankful. And for a week away from school and Abby's new BFF, I am especially thankful.

No comments:

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.