Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day of Thanks--No. Four

Brooke: "I'm thankful for the fabulous weather, even though I wish it would either just snow, or they'd stop playing Christmas music."


Abigail: "I am thankful for Lizzie Elephant and coloring."


Lauren: "I'm thankful for candy and for fire."


Determined to get to the bottom of this fire Lauren is holding so much gratitude for, the girls and I made a special trip to Target, which I am always thankful for. Lauren took us around the entire store, meandering through aisle after aisle and not once did she point out the penguin fire. By the time we nearly completed our loop I was dizzy and full of frustration. So it was time to get down to business and pick up the few items I'd drawn up on my list. I completely forgot to check the pharmacy area, where we had been on Monday.... I believe this to be the sight of the infamous, are you ready for this, penguin humidifier. I cannot say with 100% certainty that this is the object of her thanks, but I am almost positive this is what she is referring to each and every day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was reading this to my parents, and they got the biggest kick out of it. The "fire" is absolutely hilarious!! We were dying with laughter!!

~Shelly

{Followers}

{Blog Archive}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.