Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Abbyisms

When Abby announced last year that her body was talking after passing gas, I knew the wheels were turning and this was just the beginning of her creative verbal expulsion. I just didn't know more would be coming so soon. Here are a few of her other Abbyisms:

A few days ago as we were lunching on vegetable soup she took notice of the alphabets moving around her spoon in her cup and proclaimed, "The alphabets are dancing."

Yesterday as she was playing with her helium balloon she was pulling on the string making the balloon and it's string bounce around the family room and lifting the weight well off the floor. Then she noted to me, "My balloon is dancing, Mama." Can you tell she loves to dance?!

In the last few days she has noticed that in Finding Nemo, Nemo does indeed have a mother and inquired what has happened to her. I responded by simply stating, "Nemo's mother passed away." This answer seemed to satisfy her and she didn't press further. Last night as we were leaving the restaurant on her birthday, with balloons in tow the girls were loaded into the car. When Geoff went to take Lauren's balloon so she could get into her seat, the balloon, not securely attached to the ribbon, floated up into the sky. As Lauren began to get upset, Abby tried to calm her nerves by saying, "Your balloon passed away, Tiny." I was going to tell her that the balloon was on it's way to another child's birthday celebration tomorrow, but I liked Abby's answer better. Maybe I should just let her do the talking.

Oh her mind!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Brooke, I love reading your blog. There is never a dull moment in your life. You guys are awesome.

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.