Thursday, December 18, 2008

Letters To Santa

This morning the girls composed their letters to Santa. I'm not quite sure they get the concept of writing a letter, so I tried to prompt them, but wanted to keep it as pure to their thoughts as possible. Most of what came out of their mouths was about things they saw around the room, or things have been talking about in the past few days. At any rate, it brought me to tears as I read the letters to Mom over the phone, and I thought you might get a good laugh out of them as well....



Abby's Letter

Dear Santa Claus,

I have been a blue girl this year. I want two girls. I want to wear my stripe pants. I have been a good girl this year. Yes!

I like to do toys. I have a booster seat. Tiny doesn't have a booster seat?

I wanna go to Minnesota for Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

Love,
Abigail



Lauren's Letter

Dear Santa,

I wanna wear a swimming suit with my hearts. I like Chicken Run, Potty Video, and this, this, this; okay Mommy? I wanna wear flowers.

I wanna get Rock, I wanna get him, okay. No more, no more, no more. No more cookies, no more privilege.

I gave up Bubba in my mouth this year. Yes I did.

Merry Christmas, I need a fresh diaper.

Love,
Lauren

2 comments:

Mama Katrina said...

Dear Abby,
Thank you for your letter. So, you're "blue" this year, huh? How about naughty or nice? That's whats going to get you Christmas presents. You know what, I have two girls too! Maybe someday, but not this year, you'll get two girls too. A booster seat? Wow. I don't think I could get my butt in one of those. Although for as hard as Santa makes me work, you'd think I could. Oh, that's another story. I'm glad to hear you are going to Minnesota for Christmas. I'll be sure to let Santa know so he can deliver presents there. Well, I've got to get back to work. So much work to do and so little time to do it in! Help your Mommy and Daddy out as much as you can! Sweet dreams Abby!
Love,
Mrs. Claus

Mama Katrina said...

Dear Lauren,
Thank you for your letter! It's so nice to hear from all you little girls and boys. You wanna wear your swimming suit with hearts? Don't you think it's a little cold where you live? I bet Ohio is just a tad bit cold. Who is Rock? Is that a close friend of yours? I'm glad to hear that you do not want cookies. They are bad for your teeth. You will want to have a beautiful smile when you grow up so stay away from those darn cookies! You gave up Bubba this year? I bet that was hard, wasn't it? You are getting to be such a big girl and I am so proud of you. Let's talk about the fresh diaper, okay? Did you get a fresh one after you wrote your letter. I sure hope so. Someday, you will wear big girl panties like your sister and you won't need a fresh one. Won't that be nice? Well, Santa is calling and I need to get back to all those presents for the little kids of the world. Sweet dreams Tiny Tot!
Love,
Mrs. Claus

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.