Tuesday, December 9, 2008

'Twas the Night After Puking

'Twas the night after puking
And all through the house,
Not a child was barfing
Not even my spouse.

The pjs were laundered
In the washer with care,
In hopes that they'd have them
If they needed a spare.

The children were scattered
On the family room floor,
In case they need Mama
If they threw up some more.

With Daddy in his bed
And me between them,
We slept pretty well
Though not quite like a gem.

When out in the kitchen
I heard a bit of a clatter,
It was time to get up
And take care of my matter.

Away to the shower
To get myself clean,
Daddy's out on the couch
If you know what I mean.

It wasn't too long
Before the children awoke,
Breakfast now in their bellies
They are playin' like healthy folk.

It's been thirty hours
Since our last puking spell,
I'd like it soon to be over--
Feels like I'm living in hell.

So to all of you
Who are far out of sight,
We wish you healthy days
And to us another puke-free night!

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.