Friday, December 5, 2008

I Couldn't Sleep At All Last Night

A gal can hope. Yesterday afternoon the girls settled in to watch Finding Nemo and passed out on the floor. They slept there for hours, about five to be exact. I was able to get in a shower while Geoff supervised, and I really hoped that this was it.... they were sleeping off the virus. Geoff and I had dinner, watched a little Bill O'Reilly and then they awoke. At first they were just content reading, but by the time I had no energy left to give they were ready for supper. So Daddy whipped up some chicken noodle soup and they filled their bellies. That is when it began. They wanted nothing to do with going back to bed (and by bed you know I mean couch or floor), it was time to have a dance party. A major dance party! They sang just about every track on ABBA Gold; you can just hear little Tiny Tot belting out, "Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight!" I found it ironic that it actually was after midnight. The all-nighter they were determined to pull pulled out a duet, one I'd yet to hear; as Abby paced the floor singing the female vocals to Take a Chance, her little sister chimed in with the male vocals, "Take a chance, take a chance, take a-take a chance, chance..." But enough was enough and eventually I coaxed them into watching Chicken Run. When that was over they were still awake if you can believe it, but did follow my lead by falling asleep. The three of us had ourselves a slumber party on the floor.

A good night's sleep was not to be as Abby woke up twice to vomit. And followed up with a third this morning. Her solid stools are back to liquid, and thus the cycle begins again. Amazingly, this has become my normal. I can't imagine a world where I can wake up, take a shower, take the dog for a walk, and get our house going for the day. To leave the home to go shopping or visit the library or another play adventure seems like privileges left for another class of citizens.

The girls are currently enjoying their sugar water and Rice Krispi Bars for breakfast--believe it or not we were told by medical professionals this is the best remedy for their stomachs--Abby is perky now that she is empty, and Lauren must just be between eruptions. No word about a GI consult yet; we are still waiting.

And the drama continues.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.