Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ten on Tuesdayish

1. First day back to work is in the books.  Sort of.  Yesterday was our meeting of the minds to gear up for the upcoming school year, then our open house last night.  It was refreshing to meet new faces and a delight to see students & parents from years past.  I'm reminded again how grateful I am to work with such an incredible staff and looking forward to this upcoming year.  What a blessing to love my job sooooo much!

2. Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to ground you.  In our case, shape up these little rugrats of ours.  Too much TV, too much leniency equals too much of two monsters.  Today we're turning over a new leaf.  I pray they get the message.

3. I miss Bunco.  Once a month, great food, great friends, maybe some drinks & interesting conversation always prove to be an event worth looking forward to.  Too bad it's so hard to find enough people to get on board & commit. :(

4. I'm so pleased with the amount of back-logged organizing I've been able to get done.  I've still got a considerable amount to tackle, but I'm on a roll.  Look out house!

5. While it's nice to have the down time around our house to get stuff done, I am beyond happy that we go home for the summer.  Not only do the girls have a chance to listen to people speak proper English for two plus months, but it gives us something to do.  We'd be bored out of our minds here no doubt.

6. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike when people put a 'Ms.' in front of my first name?  Two months of being called Brooke or Mrs. Zahn.... Ahhhhh.  It makes me hate it more everytime I come back to it.  Grrrrrrrr.

7. I'm not entirely hating on Ohio, but for sure there are things that get under my skin and the fouled up linguistics is top on the list.  I am, however, looking forward to my very favorite thing about Ohio: Autumn.  Bright, bold colors canvassing the landscape; crisp morning air.  Heaven.  Well, next to being Up North it's heaven.

8. While everyone at home is posting about all of their great eats at Minnesota's largest county fair, I'm stuck with savoring them by memory.  I've been reminding myself that my daily workouts will benefit more from mental endulgance.  So eat up friends.  And thanks for thinking of me as you eat your way through the event of the summer.  Okay, let's be honest, I'd still rather be there eating with them!

9. Oh my brother-in-law.... Bacon jam.  What they don't think of.  And if I knew how to can, I'd probably have to try it by virtue of curiosity.  How I wish I lived closer to my brother-from-another-mother.  Truly one of my favorite people.  I miss ya, Kevin.

10. A week from today the girls head back to school.  Eeeeeek!  One week and we're back into the bump and grind.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for this.  I've rather enjoyed sleeping in in the mornings. Sigh.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.