Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lauren's Big Girl Bed

Alas, Lauren has a big girl bed. Yesterday the snow storm cancelled her gymnastics class, crushing her little spirit. But the delivery men were not about to let the snow stop them from dispatching her right of passage today, and it has arrived!

We've been putting off outfitting her with suitable slumber for multiple reasons, but most of which because I just couldn't decide what to get for her, since she shares a room with her sister, and Abby's bed is no longer available for purchase. Last week, as I was putting the girls to bed, Abby commented to Lauren, "Lauren, someday do you want to have a big bed like me?" The tone in her voice was crushing and I knew it was time to act. After overcoming a debilitating virus, I fount it within myself to get out of the house, took the girls out to run off steam at Magic Castle, then went shopping for Lauren's bed. We found just what we were looking for on Saturday, and much to our amazement, it was in stock! Of course that meant we could not delay on garnishing our new furnishing with bedding, so we had to go shopping for that, too.

Lauren is beyond thrilled, as the pictures well illustrate. And I am excited, too. Their room has been in decorative disarray since we moved the crib out of their room.... Mommy will be very happy when all of the finishing touches (and touch-ups) are put into place.

Lauren is currently singing, "It's my new bed" in her room. Today is a good day. Lauren finally has her big girl bed!







1 comment:

Mindi said...

Yeah!!! I love it. She has to be so excited.

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.