Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For the Love of the Boogie

To say I am feeling under the weather is a bit of an understatement. Thank goodness for two little ladies who are capable and about as self-sufficient as preschoolers can be. I mustered up enough energy to get myself upright and heat up a can of soup, a feat I thought quite remarkable for my current condition.

Until it was time for supper, the girls complained little about also feeling under the weather. But Lauren was getting tired and whiny, and was less than thrilled about eating vegetable, and not tomato soup. Yet somewhere she found just enough oomph to wiggle and shake her body at the table.

I said with a smile, "Lauren, you sure like to boogie, don't you?"

Abby replied, "Boogies are so sticky. Why are they so sticky?!"

Laughter really is great medicine. I love these girls.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.