Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Gift

While I have not yet been ambushed with direct questioning about the birds and the bees, Abby has been very curious as of late about who made her and where she came from. I typically answer the question simply by stating, "Mommy & Daddy made you." Often times I follow up by telling her that she was a gift. And inevitably she asks who gave us the gift, to which I answer, "God."

For days, weeks maybe, she has been going about her business with these thoughts in her head, when today she asked me, "Did you unwrap me when I was your gift?"

"Sort of," I replied. But we'll leave the extent of that explanation to the birds & the bees.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.