Monday, July 6, 2009

Potty & Puberty

"Does Olivia have puberty?" This is Abby's latest inquisition as she is determined to find out just who has the boobies she so desperately wants. We took some of our Washington cherries over to the neighbors last night who watch over our house for us when we are gone. Its summer, and Abby noticed Olivia is sprouting into a young woman. And she doesn't forget anything, so no doubt the day is coming when she confronts the future sixth grader with her discovery. Poor Olivia. If Abby doesn't bring it up in passing outside, I'm sure it will come up at the neighborhood party next month. Stay tuned.

In other news, it was a big night for Tiny. We all struggled to get to sleep last night as we are still on Pacific time. Just as I was relaxing into slumber Tiny began to cry in frustration. Unaware what the problem was, I waited, only to meet her in her doorway without her pajama bottoms.... she had to go potty, and woke up to take care of business. She's a complete bear when she wakes up, an issue I try to curb with over enthusiasm, but she got her little body on the toilet and relieved herself. Yeay, Tiny! This does not mean, however, that we are giving up diapers at nite, but we're another step closer. Now if I can just convince her that the tie-dye shirt she is wearing does not exactly coordinate with her multi-colored polka doted shorts!

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.