Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Irony




Oh the irony. Last week we almost didn't go to story time. And as I reported in "Bruised Ego" it was nothing short of disasterous! But I was determined to save face and show them that I am indeed in the running for Ohio Mom of the Year. So off to story time we went this morning. I thought we were going to be late, but we showed up ten minutes early, and of the many children to attend today, we were the first to arrive. Because of this, and the fact that I arrived last week with a defiant child, the district manager (who also runs the story time) thought we would be perfect candidates for a training session after the story time. To make a long story short, the girls love it. They had two photographers who played with them, made them giggle and helped them play dress up. It was a great treat, and much to our surprise we were also offered a free photo!

The girls have been dressing themselves these days, so you never know what we will be leaving the house in. Ironically, today was the day they both decided to suit up in their UMD sweatshirts. I'm not sure if they're gearing up for the big weekend against the Gophers, or if they are just running out of clean clothes. I don't care. We now have a great picture of my little Bulldog fans and an additional "dress up" portrait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! :) See! Your persistence pays off! Great portraits!

Mindi said...

What great photos!!

Mindi said...

I love your new web page. It is very fun!!

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.