Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Finally Left Out




It finally happened. I was left out. Not invited, not needed, just plain left out. I've been waiting for this since I became a mom. Waiting for the day when Geoff would take our babies, have a special time out with them and leave me to catch my breath. And I'm surprised to admit, it wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be, but the cause was well worth the abandonment.

We've been telling Lauren for some time now that when she is motivated to put her stool in the john, her daddy will take her on an ice cream date. That day finally came and again, I wasn't apart of any of it.

It all started on New Years day. Lauren decided that evening that she wanted to put her potty in the toilet, so she enlisted Papa's help, and away they went. Since then she has been using the toilet more and more often to eliminate her urine, but still putting the solid matter in a diaper. On Sunday I needed to do some shopping, so Daddy was left to deal with the girls on his own. The day started out horrible! Lauren was whiny and difficult. But when she asked her daddy for a diaper so she could poop, he seized the opportunity to turn it into a game, and away they went to the biffy. With her cheering section in place, Lauren worked hard as Geoff & Abby laughed, giggled and cheered the poo
p right out of her. And that was it. Now pooping is her new pass time. She can't poop enough. Poop, poop, poop, that's all she thinks about. Oh, and ice cream.

We managed to convince her that the ice cream shop was not open on Sunday because the Superbowl was on (I know, we're awful!) so Monday night was date nite with Daddy, and she wanted her big sister to go with her.

Tiny is still wearing a diaper at night, though many nights she sleeps dry right through. She's growing up before our eyes! In one month she has gone from complete diaper dependency, to sporting her panty pride. I wonder what is in store for us in the next month....

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.