Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thank You Thursday

1. I'm thankful for a successful conference with Abby's teacher. She's right on grade level, she exemplifies good behavior in school and she is focused on learning.  Her teachers seem to enjoy her as much as she enjoys them.  It's everything I could have asked for.  Her daddy will be proud.

2. I'm thankful for tonight.... The girls are in bed, so it's just me, a fire in the fire place & my shows.  I've needed a night like this for a long time!

3. I'm thankful for my day off tomorrow.  Just me.  I got my house clean today, so that's one less thing to accomplish.  I don't plan on leaving the house, getting dressed or wearing make-up.  It's just me and my To Do List.  And hopefully a big ta-da! 

4. I'm thankful for good books.  The Help.... a great thought-provoking read.  And Up North at the Cabin.... nothing comes close to making me feel like I'm there the way that book does.  It brought me to tears tonight when I read it to the girls.  It made my heart smile that the girls knew exactly why.

5. I'm thankful that my grandma is now cancer-free.  One of the best gifts in life is time with grandparents.  I'm forever grateful to have more time with mine.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.