1. My grocery list on the fridge reads tampons, then peanuts. An odd pairing.
2. I am learning that doing less is doing everyone a favor. It only took me ten years of marriage & six and a half years of motherhood to figure this one out. But truly, the less I do, the more others do. We're all much happier for it.
3. Lauren has two friends from school she can name: José & Nathan. Leave it to my tom boy to befriend the boys.
4. I'm annoyed. Apparently I've maxed out on pictures Blogger will allow me to have on file. I have two choices: go back and delete some or stop posting pictures. This mama is conflicted.
5. The talk of the neighborhood is the pack of coyotes that were ever so close to the house last night. One would have thought with all of the construction going on in the no-longer-vacant-field the coyotes would have vacated. Not so much.
6. Abby has yet to go head-to-head with her first grade teacher, and last night she was in top form for her new gymnastics coach. I'm holding my breath this is the new norm.
7. Happy Crocking! I liked the Crock Pot Girls on Facebook. Please tell me this makes me cool.
8. I don't know what I did to deserve the fabulous staff that I work with and the great group of kids in my class this year. I don't ever remember loving a job this much.
9. It amazes me how far we've come. For the first few years here in Ohio we were quite happy keeping to ourselves. Maybe it's because I didn't want to get attached. Maybe it's because I didn't care about anything much outside of our home. But now that the girls and in school we're all making friends. What a great 'hood we live in!
10. Confession Alert: I think Tucker Carlson is my new conservative crush.... it certainly wasn't his debut on Dancing with the Stars that wooed me.
- ► 2012 (32)
- ▼ 2011 (174)
- ► 2010 (261)
- ► 2009 (81)
- Fairborn, Ohio, United States
- I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.