This morning we invited our neighbor, Olivia, over for breakfast. The perfect excuse to put that bottled creativity to work with our Cézanne Pancakes! I wasn't sure how it was going to go over.... how creative were my little lovelies going to get? They engineered some beautiful creations! All three of the girls a ball decorating their pancakes; more fun, I think than they actually had eating them.
Inviting Olivia to join us was perfect for three reasons:
1. The girls adore her and love just spending time with her. It was good for Olivia, too, who wasn't too thrilled with being up so early, but needs to get back into the swing of things, since school starts for her tomorrow!
2. The girls could watch Olivia decorate her pancakes and follow her lead, since this project is brand new to them! Though it turns out they have quite industrious minds all on their own.
3. They won't ask me to put sprinkles, whipped cream, chocolate chips & marshmallows on their pancakes every time we make them; its reserved for special occasions.
Our pancakes ranged from a bowl of spaghetti, flowers, a butterfly, a cat, a tea pot, an elephant, ice cream cones and an airplane to the different states we lived in. It really didn't matter what the shape, the girls loved it! And that makes me a happy mom.
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (174)
- ► 2010 (261)
- ▼ August (7)
- Fairborn, Ohio, United States
- I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.