Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time Out, Two Minutes

I strolled into the kitchen to find Abby sitting in the traditional Time Out spot saying, "Time Out. Two minutes."

So I asked her, "Who is in the Time Out?" knowing full well the only answer could be her since there was no baby or doll in sight.

She responded, "I am. I said a bad word, it was inappropriate. So I'm in a Time Out for two minutes."

Wow! I must be doing something right. Not only does she know when she's done something wrong, but she is now imposing her own punishment. While I don't expect this model behavior to last, I am filled with pride just knowing she's thinking about it.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.