Monday, May 18, 2009

Hot Sauce

"I want some," the girls echoed one another with excitement throughout my sister's house. The hot sauce they want is my nephew's ultimate punishment for the use of bad words.

The girls love chips & salsa, so why not add a little hot sauce to spice up their lives. As Jackson reformed his behavior to avoid the dreaded sample, Abby & Lauren geared up for their spicy treat.

Like friends lined up at the bar to throw back shots, the girls stood anxiously with their spoons in hand, ready to sink their teeth into this highly talked about delight.

Abby went just a few seconds ahead of her little sister. A quick quiver from her shoulders to her feet was all she had to show for her taste of Louisiana's finest. Tiny was not deterred, and sunk her lips around the small red dot on the spoon. Her face, frozen blank, was suddenly stuffed with her chaser-- a bottomless glass of H2Oh-I-Can't-Get-Enough. Abby, still unsure what to think, was met with Jack over her shoulder offering a sympathetic drink.

Aubrey & I could not contain our laughter. And while part of me feels like a mean mother for letting them try something I know is so offensive, the other part of me hopes they will think twice before next time desiring the unknown.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.