Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crying

Today the girls assisted me in taking my grandpa to his radiation appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. It was a really nice day. Grandma went over, too. The appointment was short, and when it was over, the fun began. We walked through the clinic and all of its tunnels, rode the escalators, walked through the sky walk, and capped off our trip with lunch at Red Lobster. It wasn't a lot of dwelling on illness or sick people, just a beautiful day full of sunshine and flowers, and best of all we got some quality time with our (great) grandparents.

But tonight Abby was crying. When asked why she was crying she replied, "I am crying about the people in Rochester."

"Which people?" I inquired.

"The old people," she replied without hesitation.

I turned around to see if my mom had heard her answer, and we gave each other a collective smile. You know the one, "Awe."

But in true Abby fashion, that sweet moment was soured when she finished her thought, "I was ticked off. They were walking behind me."

Awe, Abby.

No comments:

{Followers}

{About Me}

My photo
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
I'm a teacher by trade, writer at heart & mom in every sense of my being. I never considered writing as a profession, but after I got married and began moving around the country, I began sharing my adventures, misadventures & updates through a sort of e-mail newsletter. I found a true passion in unconventional story-telling that has followed me into motherhood.